Thursday, September 15, 2022

Football vs Middleton and Football vs Timberline

On Friday September 8 Meridian played against Middleton at Middleton and it was Luau theme. The cheerleaders wore Lei's and during half time they played a game with the student section by having the flyer up in the air and the students would throw hula hoops in a game of ring toss. When I first heard that was what they were doing I thought it was a bad idea and that someone was going to get hurt. But when it was happening it was actually pretty fun for the crowd and it didn't hurt the girls at all.

My friend McKayla is the Middleton dance coach and she just had a baby that I didn't been able to see yet. I could see that the dance team was performing on the Middleton side and I saw a stroller but I couldn't see if McKayla was over there so I just went over into enemy territory to find her. I had success and I was able to hold her sweet baby Josie for a couple of minutes.





Meridian won this game and it was actually a really boring game because we scored so many touchdowns while Middleton did not.

The next week on the 15th Meridian played Timberline in Boise at the Dona Larson stadium. Parking was ridiculous and I could not park by the field, I had to park a couple streets down and hike my way to the stadium. Midway through the game lightening and rain started happening so they had to pause and put us in holding. After we waited a little while the employees were telling us the game was cancelled and to leave the stadium. Diana and I went to find the girls and we found them in a storage shed next to where the football players were waiting. I was telling the cheerleaders what the employees said and the football coach overheard me and said no it wasn't. I told him that's what the employees said and he said again it was not cancelled. I said ok and hung around waiting. They could not start playing until 30 minutes after the last lightening strike and it kept lightening and every time the 30 minute countdown would start again. Finally at about 9:30 I called it quits for me and told Avynlea I was out of there. I was tired and tired of waiting. The game resumed I think just before 10:00 and the Warriors ended up winning. The cheer coach left before the game resumed and the cheerleaders who stayed could not be on the field without a coach so they got to b in the student section with their friends which was a fun change of pace for the girls.