Saturday, July 18, 2020

Week 18 in Quarantine (Ryker wrecks the car)


Kenedy has been going to Nyssa a lot on the weekends to spend time with Family out there. We miss her when she is gone but I am glad that she makes spending time out there a priority. Our church service was small considering the amount of people we had with us the week before but it was still nice to gather as a family and have church. 
Tuesday I got a call from Ryker saying he got in a car accident. He was on a break from work cleaning worksites for Alturas homes and was turning left onto Highway 55. A pickup truck with trailer was turning right on the street he was on and he thought looked past it and didn't see anyone coming so he turned out onto the highway and got t-boned by the suv he didn't see coming. It was Ryker's fault which was unfortunate but he was ok and the ladies in the other car were ok accept for whiplash. Kenedy and I went to pick him up from the accident site and poor Ryker felt so bad and was pretty quiet and shaky. I was grateful it wasn't worse but it scared me thinking how bad it could have been. I have had many talks since with my kids who are drivers about being more attentive and not being dumb. Our car is not fixable so we got a payout for it and Kefford has been looking for a replacement.