Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Hairspray!

Kenedy had her last Choir Concert of the year and it was a good one. This was the Pops concert and the girls all sang songs from the musical Hairspray. Mrs. Star told the girls to come dressed the part of the era and so Kenedy really wanted to try. She told me that I needed to get her a new dress but I did not want to spend the money on a new dress, plus the headache of trying to find the perfect dress without spending a lot of money... no thank you. I told her she could make do with what she already had. Turns out the day before the concert we went to DI to find a shirt for her for trek and she found a really cute dress. Happy days for Kenedy? It was a tad big in the bust area but not really noticeable, she loved it and it looked really cute. The day of the concert Kenedy had her friend come home with her to get ready for the concert. They both wanted me to tease their hair and give them the best 60"s do. I was stressed while doing it because I am not much of a teaser, but thanks to lots of bobby pins and hairspray their hair turned out how they wanted it. Phew.
Grandma Alison came to support Kenedy.
Side shot of her hair.

It was a fun concert, Kenedy looked amazingly beautiful and all the kids sounded great. Kenedy has really loved choir and I am glad she has had a fun experience with it. Now on to 8th grade choir. :O)