Monday, November 7, 2011

Builders

We went to a safety fair for Rykers cub scout thingie and while we were there we got free building kits from the Lowe's booth. We had the option while we were there to build them but that is not how we roll. So we took our kits and our free Lowe's aprons and headed on home. After we checked out the safety fair of course. It was actually quite interesting and informative. I figured I would be bored stiff but I wasn't! We walked through a lot of booths and learned lots of things about drugs and fire safety and home safety and car safety, we got free hot dogs (speaking of, we got our hot dogs as we were leaving and after we walked back to our car I noticed the HUGE blob of ketchup on my shirt..what a slob...I could just imagine how may people I walked by and I hope none of them noticed my food stain.). We also got to see the fire department cut into a car just how they would if it was involved in a crash and that was the only way to get the people out. It was crazy cool and happened so fast.They had that car torn apart in under 8 minutes...fascinating and riveting!
So when it was all done we came home and Kefford helped the kids build their trinkets.

Rylee was first and was actually the one who initiated the building. After we found my child size hammer she got to work building her binoculars.




Kenedy was next and she wanted to build hers right in the middle of us watching the BSU football game. GO BRONCOS!!! It was a long game as most football games are and of course we were smoking the other team so I fell asleep in the middle of the game and the building. Unfortunately I did not get a picture of the picture holder she made but trust me when I say it turned out pretty darn cute!


I woke up in time to snag some pictures of Ryker as he finished building his binoculars. He did a great job!



Avynlea was at a birthday party during all of this building fun and as far as I know still has not put her kit together. I am not even sure we know where it is, but as it has not been mentioned lets just not remind her that she never built it and move on! :o)