Tuesday, July 30, 2024

Family in Idaho

Emily drove herself as well as Ashleigh and her kids to Idaho on Tuesday and thus started a week of fun having family in Idaho. Kefford took Atticus on his dirt bike which was super fun for Atticus. Abigail wanted to take a ride but her Mom did not like the idea so I told her she had to wait until she is 5 to ride the bike which is the age of Atticus right now.

We went to the Quilt shop to look around and it ended with Emily and Ashleigh both buying quilt kits. I helped Heather get all of her pieces cut out in her Pride and Prejudice quilt kit while in California and she started sewing her quilt while here at my house. It was fun that Ashleigh and Emily bought kits because while Heather was sewing Emily and then Ashleigh were cutting out their pieces. We had ourselves a little sewing bee and I love that they wanted to try a hobby that I have indulged in and love.

I got to take my family to the different food places that they like to eat at when they come because they do not have them in California. We went to Slim Chickens, Tin Roof Tacos and Waffle Love and they enjoyed eating at all of them. 
Ashleigh, Abigail, Bonnie, Emily, Heather, Elizabeth, Erin and Atticus

Abigail let me do different hairstyles in her hair and I always called them an animal name to make them more fun. Her favorite animal is a crocodile and so I put braids in her hair and called them crocodile tails. She loved them and was so good at holding still and letting me do her hair, She laughed whenever I sued my teeth to get a better grip on the hair elastic, she would say "That's funny".
Emily was going home on Thursday and we went blueberry picking that morning. I tried to get them out as early as I could to try to avoid the heat but we didn't leave the house until about 8am, ideal would have been 7am, It got too hot for Mom and Erin and they went to sit in the shade while we were picking. I already had enough blueberries from when I went with the Peterson's so I just helped put Blueberries in Atticus and Abigails buckets.
Elizabeth, Emily, Erin, Abigail, Atticus, Ashleigh, Heather and Bonnie

This week was an even more exciting week because it was the start of the Summer olympics. I love the summer olympics and was so excited to start watching the competitions. Kefford set up a TV for me in the Living room so I could watch the Olympics without having to watch the TV in my Bedroom or upstairs in the TV room. I was watching the opening ceremonies and was very excited when I saw Japans athletes announced. I had Ashleigh take a picture for me so I could sent it to Avynlea.
In th evening we went over to the snow shack in our park for an icy treat. Kefford did not want a snow cone but he brought his plane so he could fly it at the park while we were there. Atticus and Abigail really enjoyed watching him fly his plane while playing on the playground. 

Abigail struggles at night not having her bed to sleep on and her crying keeps Ashleigh up and neither of them get good sleep. I was glad that they were both able to take a much needed nap on the couch.
Cute monkey ears were the hairstyle of the day for Abigail.
Kim Hansen posted on Instagram that her kids were performing in a children's production of Finding Nemo Jr. I was feeling like everyone was getting bored hanging around the house so I suggested we go to watch th play. It was about an hour and it was really cute and done so well. I really enjoyed watching it and was so happy I heard about it and that we went to watch it. After we stopped in at a quilt shop in Boise and Abigail couldn't stop commenting on the play we watched. The only thing she would say was "Nemo lost his Daddy" and she repeated that over and over throughout the rest of the day. I think she was missing her Daddy and just about ready to go back home to him.

Erin, Ashleigh, Abigail, Atticus, Elizabeth, Bonnie and Heather 

Kenedy, Ty and Rylee got back from Reno on Saturday and we made homemade pizzas for dinner that night. Rylee did a happy face and I found a heart in my pizza dough that made me smile.
With the return of Rylee comes the return of finding her random .5's on my phone. 

The day that my California family was flying home Abigail requested me to do her hair in Bear ears and Crocodile tails. So I did up side down braids with the bear ears on top. I will miss having her let me do her hair and am glad she loved having me do it.