Monday, July 8, 2024

Church and Iris

 

Sunday Ryker was leaving to go back to Utah but he stayed for church and it was fun to have him at church sitting with Rylee and I as well as Bodi who still comes pretty regularly. Rylee of course snuck my phone and took some .5 shots of us sitting on the bench. Not super flattering but I guess they are ok.

Over the past couple of days I started and finished this Sasquatch quilt that turned out so cute. I have had some serious sewing momentum and have been really whipping out quilts. I might slow down a little bit just to not be so obsessed but it has been fun having something productive to do and sewing is a good and healthy hobby albeit a little spendy.
Kefford was going to be at Priesthood camp the week of the 8th and Rylee was going to be at FSY the same week leaving me alone the entire week. I do not mind being alone and actually quite like my quiet alone time but an entire week by myself sounded sad so I booked a ticket to go to California for the week. I left early Monday morning and while I was flying I kept thinking about my childhood bestie Iris whom I have not seen in longer than 10 years. I have been trying to follow through when I have thoughts pop up in my head and so when I landed I sent a message to Iris seeing if she was around and wanted to get together sometime that week. Iris was so happy to hear from me but was leaving the next day for Mexico so we made arrangements to get together that night for dinner. Heather came with me and we met up with Iris at a Hibachi Grill which was really good food. It was a lot of fun to see Iris again and to catch up and talk about our lives. She was my best friend all through Middle School and High School and I have some really good memories with her.