Thursday, July 11, 2024

Pageant of the Masters and Beach Day

 Wednesday night Mom, Heather, Ashleigh, Emily, Mary Beth and I went to the Pageant of the Masters. When we arrived we were all pretty hungry so we got some food. I got a hamburger and fries and the French fries were really good, I liked the seasoning they used them. 

The 2024 Pageant of the Masters production of “À La Mode: The Art of Fashion” will revisit some of history’s grandest spectacles and fashion trends through the magic of living pictures.

I thought it was pretty good, I liked the living art and I liked one part where they show how they put together the living art. It was a fun night that ran pretty late so we were all really tired when we got back home.

Thursday was beach day! Ryker flew down Wednesday night and on Thursday Heather and I drove him to South Carlsbad State Beach to spend a couple of days there with Anna. Anna is a girl he met on his mission,  they have been chatting and getting to know each other. Ryker wanted to come to California to see family and this was a good time because he was also able to visit Anna. Anna lives in Redlands and her family was camping at the beach for the week. We met up with Anna at the Ranger station where I was introduced to her and then Ryker and Anna left to be with her family and Heather and I went half a block down the road to park and find a spot for us on the beach. Emily, Ashleigh, Atticus and Abigail met us there about half an hour later. We had a really good beach day playing in the Ocean and enjoying the beach. Ryker and Anna walked down together once to briefly visit with us and then Ryker came back a little bit later for a visit. I knew he was there to spend time with Anna and her family so I wasn't bothered by the lack of time with him.



Abigail, Ashleigh, Emily, Atticus, Heather and Elizabeth 

Elizabeth and Ryker

At about 6:30 that evening Heathers special gentleman friend, Jackson,  showed up and after introducing him to all of us they left to go on a walk.Heather met Jackson at a single adult thing and they have been chatting and getting to know each other more. She invited him to come to hang out with us at the beach and he came after he got off work. Ashleigh and Emily left to get the kids home and I was left to wait for Heather. I knew this was going to happen and I was fine with it. They were gone for a couple of hours and as it got dark I did get nervous but finally they returned and then they sat and talked for another couple of hours.