Monday, July 8, 2024

Sister Peterson Week 18

Worst news ever

You guys... 


😢My Doc Martens BROKE. I literally was just walking and it felt weird and I looked down and bam, broken. I am going to contact them to see what I can do but I was like seriously.

🌹This week we got to go to Nagoya and officially meet the McConkies!! They are amazing and I know they are going to be such good mission presidents for us!! They are very different than the Chidesters, which is kinda funny. They have American written all over them, I love it! 

👑 We got in contact with a woman living about an hour away from us. She is from the Philippines and wanting to learn Japanese. We had our first lesson with her, then at the end got to share a spiritual message with her. IN ENGLISH. It was amazing. Afterwards she told us she is "beyond grateful" to meet us. I really am looking forward to getting to know her more. Her name is Rhea! Pronounced Raya!! Yayyy

❤Japan tips❤
- When on an escalator, stay towards the left side. The right side is for people who want to walk up the escalator, make sense? 
- It's true, when eating noodles, it is polite to slurp them up. This is to let the person know it's good. This is not required, but it is not weird. Do not feel like you need to do it, but don't be surprised when you see other people do it!
- I still don't really know why, but lots of people wear masks around or cover their mouths when talking. I should ask my comp about this one. 
❤Thats all folks!❤

📍Something that was brought up during our "Meet the New President" devotional was about forgiveness. It's a hard thing, but when you think about it, when you don't forgive who are you really hurting? You are the one holding that grudge within you, letting it fester and bother you. While on this earth we are meant to make connections and HELP people find their way back to our Heavenly Father. A sentence I am real good at saying in Japanese is "Watashitachi wa Kamisama no kodomo desu". We are God's children. He wants us to get along. Just like our parents want us to get along with our siblings. If there is someone you need to forgive in your life, please work up the courage to do it! Be brave! It will only make things better. And if you need help forgiving them, pray and ask God for the strength. He will provide! I promise.
I love you all and believe in you! 
God loves you and KNOWS you can do it!!
Make it a good week!

<3 Sister Peterson
07/08/24


-My comp has a little ISpy book and in one picture they were looking for the 4th dice for AGES. in one of the pics you can see Elder Kruger searching for it haha. I looked at the book and found it within 2 minutes. Pretty great feeling!
- In Idaho I am so used to looking out on the horizon and only seeing mountains. In Nagoya, the city never ends. It's crazy!!
- My bestie STL Sister Ferraz goes home at the end of this transfer 😭 Such an amazing missionary and has helped me SO MUCH!! Forever grateful for her!
- Each city has its own character thing, SO this lil red guy with my face is Hida's character. (We were traveling back from Nagoya and the bus stopped here for a minute)