Thursday, July 4, 2024

4th of July!

 

Ryker came into town for a couple of days to celebrate the 4th which was pretty fun. The morning of the 4th we went to the park for a pancake breakfast put on by our Ward. It was delicious and fun. I sat with my family while we were eating and then once everyone was day they all wandered off to talk to friends. I saw the Heslop at a table and went to visit with them. I talked with Hazel a bit about quilting, she has told me before she really wants to learn how to make a quilt, I told her I have a quilt pattern we can use that is beginner friendly if she wants to learn. She was excited about the idea and I said in August I would have time to help her, July is busy with family stuff all month long.
After the breakfast Kefford, Ryker and I we headed to Nyssa to meet up with Whitney and her family in their boat at the Owyhee Dam, Rylee was hanging out with friends that evening and did not go to Nyssa with us. Whitney and Dustin told us to meet them at the second dock but when we got close Kefford saw some of his friends as well as Gwen and Jeremys family on the "beach" and wanted to go and talk to them. I get overwhelmed when confronted with a large group of people I was not prepared to be around and tend to get really introverted and shy. I did not want to go hang out with Kefford's friends while we waited for Whitney so I stayed away. The longer I stood there the more awkward I felt so I thought I could go say hi to Gwen who was sitting alone on a blanket with her grandbaby. I went over and said Hi and she was polite but not super engaging and it might have been my own insecurities but I felt a little unwanted and uninterested in. I tried to make some small talk and again it felt very unwanted and then Maria Draper came and sat by Gwen and started talking with her so then I felt very awkward. Finally Maria said hi and asked how I was doing before she went back to her private conversation with Gwen and so I slowly backed away from there and went back to where I was before waiting for Whitney and her family. I was very happy when we were finally able to get Whitneys boat and be with people who were happy to see us. As soon as we got on I saw that Mattie and Calvin, Barlow Cousins, were also on the boat with their kids and I felt a little awkward and unsure again but Mattie was super kind and happy to see us and I quickly adjusted and we had a really good time boating. Kefford and Ryker did some knee boarding which was fun to watch. Kefford decided last minute to go boating and if I had known we were going to be boating I wouldn't have washed my hair the day before. As it was I did just wash my hair and I did not want to get it wet so I stayed in the boat and watched everyone. I had good company and it was fun to talk with everyone and eat snacks. I had my phone put away in one of the compartments which was hard to get to so I was not able to take hardly any pictures which was a bummer. Just know that I had fun with Whitney and her family and Mattie and her family and hopefully we can do it again and I will be better at taking pictures.
The guys wanted to do some cliff jumping so we headed over to where they could do just that. Ryker jumped off a smaller one and Kefford had to climb and hike his way barefoot over to the taller one. I got video of them both jumping but one got a picture of Ryker on top of his rock so I screenshot a picture of Kefford jumping from the video.
Ryker
Kefford

After a couple of hours we left the dam and headed back to the house to get out of the sun. Later that evening we had a yummy dinner of Barbecued hamburgers and Hot Dogs with some delicious sides. It does not get dark until past 10:00 out here so we had a long time to wait for fireworks. I got a picture with Ryker and then we had Kefford come get in a picture with us.
The parachute fireworks were being set off for the kids and I was sitting on the deck next to Heather, Brads wife, and Kylie when I felt something hard hit my leg.I got hit by the debris from one of the parachutes and it hurt so bad. I told Kefford what happened but he didn't really understand how hard I was hit and laughed little about it and I could tell he thought I was being dramatic. The thing that hit me looked like a skinnier toilet paper tube but it was really thick and filled with some type of rock, it was heavy and it hit me hard. I had a bruise start appearing about a day later and once that appeared I was able to prove how hard I was hit and got a little more sympathy.