Tuesday, June 2, 2026

Costa Rica Day 2

 The next morning Kefford and I went on a Nature walk the Resort had on their agenda. We enjoyed seeing the area outside the resort and saw these cool trees that reminded me of trees we saw in Hawaii. They were trees that had their own trunks but were connected up top in a tangled web of branches. 

For lunch we thought to try a little bakery they had on site, I got a pesto sandwich and a strawberry cupcake, so yummy.
Kefford wanted to find a beach to go to outside of the resort and we were told we just had to walk a short distance to a bus stop which would then take us to a beach. The short walk turned out to be a little longer then we thought and it was a lot of uphill walking. It was a lot but I was game and was honestly grateful for a little bit of exercise. We made it to the bus stop and we were picked up in a very rundown van which felt a little shady but being with Kefford helped me feel ok. 
We made it to the beak and what do you know, more monkeys! There was a family sitting in the trees on the beach and right about them were monkeys who were enjoying their placement because this family was feeding them. We took some pictures and then Kefford and I headed further down the beach so we could have some privacy. it was not hard to find as that family were the only other ones on the beach. 





























While we were in the ocean swimming  I commented my secret wish to go skinny dipping in the ocean. Kefford said that no-one else was around and encouraged me to go for it. So I did! I took off my bathing suit handed it to Kefford and swam around for about 5 minutes and I loved every minute of it. Finally Kefford told me I should probably put my suit back on and I did but I was not excited about it. 
After a couple of hours at the beach we go back on the van and it took us back to the bus stop where we were dropped off and then had to hike back to the resort. Luckily it was downhill this time and we tried to take pictures showing how steep the hill was but of course you cannot tell in the picture. It really was pretty steep.
Once we got back we showered and rested and then went up to the buffet for dinner. 


After dinner we walked down to the beach and sat in some chairs to enjoy the ocean and the night air.  A random dog was out on the beach and of course, like all dogs do, this dog took a liking to me and was sniffing all up in my business. 
We went back to our room and once again crashed from exhaustion. We had a really fun day and liked exploring a little outside of the resort.