Monday, June 1, 2026

Costa Rica Day 1

 

Kefford had some time off coming up at the beginning of June and I was able to talk him into doing a trip for the two of us to Costa Rica. Going to Costa Rica has been on my list of places to go for a while now and I have been so excited for this trip. I was also excited to have a get away with just Kefford, after having houseguests for the past 6 months and after dealing with Tylers deception we needed a break desperately. Our flight left Sunday afternoon and we had a flight to Seattle which then took us to Los Angeles and from LA we flown overnight flight to Costa Rica. I took the time in LA to wash my face, brush my teeth and get my contacts out in anticipation of our over night flight. I was really hoping that I would be able to get some sleep on the flight but unfortunately I was not able to get comfortable at all and did not get much sleep. We landed in Costa Rica at about 6am and got a shuttle to the Planet Hollywood Resort we were staying at. We got to the resort at about  9 and we were able to check in but we could not get our room until much later.

We were able to get some breakfast an d then we spent our time hanging out in the lobby just waiting for the time to go bu so we could get our room.
Kefford walked around outside to explore a little and then he came back in to get me so he could show me what he found. Monkeys! Monkeys just hanging out in the trees around the resort, we also saw a very large Iguana. 
Kefford made friends with a man who needed him to support his take that the Knicks were not going to win in the NBA finals against the Spurs. Kefford wholeheartedly agreed which entered himself to this man and they spent some time talking about their shared thoughts. 
After spending what felt like forever in the lobby of the resort we got some lunch and then we were able to get our room, Hallelujah! We got our room settled in a little and then we changed so we could start enjoying what our resort has to offer. I Spent some time in the pool, and then lounging in the chairs by the side of the pool.
We walked down to the beach to check out the ocean and the views and it looked so beautiful. I love the beach so much!

For dinner we got Burgers and fries at a place by the pool and they were really good.

We then walked to the buffet for dessert, I got some fruit and we also got some yummy pastries. The apple and strawberry looking pastries had a gelatin outside with a cream center, they were pretty good.
After dessert we went back to our room and crashed, we were both so exhausted and just couldn't hang any longer.