Friday, September 27, 2024

Spooky Season and Emmaline

Rylee is doing an online psychology class for her associates degree and I get sent updates though email. I took a screen shot of the kind comments Rylee's teacher left for her and sent it. I am sure she gets the same notifications but I don't know that she really pays attention to the notes.
  
Jessica Heslop asked me if I would watch Emmaline last minute because Jeff was out of town, her older girls were at various activities and she had to drive kids to their choir class and did not have room for Emmaline. I was happy to help out but I was a little unsure about how I would entertain her, Rylee was at work so I couldn't rely on her to help out. When Emmaline arrived I asked her what she wanted to do and she asked me if I would show her my quilts. I had helped her big sister Hazel make a quilt and she must have told her sisters about my quilts. While I was showing her my quilts she was super complimentary and was amazed and loved every single one of them. She was adorable. After the quilt showing we were sitting on the couch chatting and I told her Rylee was going to be so jealous that Emmaline was here and she wasn't going to be able to see her. I said we probably shouldn't tell Rylee and Emmaline put her hand to her chest and said "oh we best not", seriously she is the cutest little 6 year old and has the cutest sayings. Shen asked if she could jump on the trampoline and after a couple of minutes of that she asked if she could make a handkerchief. We did not have that much time left and she did request a small one so we looked through my fabric and she found a piece she liked. I had her cut it and then I let her pick a stitch on my machine and I helped her sew a fancy design around the edges. We did not have time to hem the edges so I put some fray check around it and then had her dry it quick with my hand fan. 
I got an amazon package in the mail that I was not expecting and upon opening it I found a Halloween sweatshirt that I had seen online but did not think I ordered. It was a size extra large which is the size I like to get in my sweatshirts because I like them big, comfy and cozy. I really thought I might have ordered it and did not remember so I looked in my amazon history but it was not there. The only one I know who really knows how big I like my sweatshirts is Ashleigh so I figured it was from her but was still confused about it. I finally remembered to look in the package again for a gift receipt and sure enough I found one with a note that is was an early birthday gift from Ashleigh. Mystery solved! I love it and am excited to wear it during spooky season!
Rylee found me lying on my bed watching clips of say yes to the dress and joined me for a couple of episodes. Of course she had to take some .5's of us, her favorite hobby.