Saturday, August 24, 2024

The Little Mermaid

 The Music Theater of Idaho was putting on the musical The little Mermaid and one of my friends who taught for Cyndi with The Dance Connection was playing the role of Ariel. I was so excited when Augustine told us she got the role and was really excited to watch her perform the part. Kefford doesn't normally go with us to the plays we like to go to but I made him go to this one because it was The Little Mermaid and I knew Augustine who played Ariel. He also was forced to go with us to seven brides for seven brothers because we had an extra ticket, lucky guy.

It was super fun watching Augustine perform as Ariel. At first I didn't recognize her because there is another girl who plays the part just on different days and with the hair, makeup and costume I was unsure if it was my friend. Pretty soon though I recognized her mannerisms and the way she talked and I knew it was Augustine. At intermission I saw Holly and Brigitte, other Dance Connection teachers, so I went over to visit with them for a bit. 
Once the play was over we went out to find Augustine and get some pictures. She was taking pictures with the guy who played Prince Eric and when we came over for a picture he was unsure if we wanted him in it with us. He ended up sitting our pictures out but this picture Rylee took with him in it makes me laugh, he looks so bummed not to be part of our pictures. 

Elizabeth, Augustine, Holly and Brigitte