Saturday, July 4, 2026

4th of July

Ally and her husband were in town and invited Avynlea to go with their family to watch fireworks out in Nampa. Avynlea did not want to go by herself and Kenedy did not want to go so I told Avynlea I would go with her. Jeremy and Gwen, Mikayla and Palmer, Ally and Jace and Bailey and Makayla and their kids were all there. It was super chill and casual and I visited a little bit with Jeremy and Gwen and enjoyed being with my Nieces and Nephew and their spouses. After the fireworks Avynlea and I left and Gwen sent me a picture they took with a text telling me she was glad we came and wished she would have thought to have been the one to invite us. I appreciated the thought and made a mental note to myself to also reach out a little bit more.
Ryker and Anna came to town late on the third of July and Avynlea was in town so for the fourth we went to our Wards pancake breakfast and then went out to Nyssa so we could go boating with Whitneys family. We got to Bob and Alisons house at about 10:00 and found everyone downstairs in their basement trying to do disaster cleanup. It had been raining a couple of days earlier and the water table took a while but it finally got too high and it flooded their basement. We spent a couple of hours there so they could keep helping with the cleanup and we didn't get out to the Owyhee Dam until about 2:00. Once we got out there we had fun being in the boat with Dustin and Whitney and their kids and we all tried to wakeboard. Even me! I got up my first time and immediately fell and then could not get myself up again. Kefford did good getting up and lasting a hot minute on the board as well as Ryker. Avynlea, Kenedy and Anna all got up on the boards but didn't last too long. I was impressed and I think everyone had fun.

Kefford also had fun tubing and harassing Whitneys kids and they all loved it especially Dillon, he loves his Uncle Kefford. I also went on the tube with Avynlea and we had fun screaming and hanging on for dear life.
Kefford

Anna

Avynlea


Anna, Kenedy, Avynlea, Ryker, Madi and Kinsley
 
Avynlea

Kenedy
Anna
Ryker

I made a 4th of July cake like I do every year and this year what I had envisioned in my head did not get executed how I wanted it to. I wanted it to be popsicles and fireworks and it looks more like swastikas and tampons. Oh well. Plus I look like a hot mess potato in this picture because it was taken after we spent 6 hours in the boat.
We had a delicious dinner of hamburgers and sides and then we watched fireworks, it was a fun day and night and I love being out at the Farm for the 4th.