Friday, May 10, 2024

Defense MVP

Kefford and I went with Ryle to her end of season Lacrosse Banquet. I signed up to make cupcakes and the frosting did not turn out like I hoped, they looked pretty bad and I was really disappointed in them. I saw a couple of people eating them which was good but they were not the hit I was hoping them to be. 
After a yummy dinner the Coaches started handing out awards. Rylee got her Varsity bars to add to her letter which was pretty fun. She got awarded with all of the Juniors on the team which was a lot of them. The coaches are going to need to find a lot more players to replace these girls when they graduate next year, they are a big majority on the team. 
Rylee is back row far right
After all of the Varsity letter awards were handed out the Coaches handed out some individual awards. Rylee told us going into the night that she was not going to get any awards so don't expect her name to be called. When they announced Defense MVP and started describing the player that won that award for the year it was pretty evident that it was Rylee they were talking about. They talked about what a great season this player has had and how she very quickly established herself as a leader on the defense. They talked about how much energy the player has/had and how they made up a position to harness that energy and use it for the team. As the coaches were talking I could see and hear the girls all whispering Rylee's name and I saw Rylee starting to blush. I was super proud of her when her name was indeed announced as Defense MVP and was so happy for her to receive the award.

The entire team plus coaches

Coach Abby, Rylee and Coach Meg

Kefford, Rylee and Elizabeth

That weekend was Dance Connection Dance recital and it was held at Meridian Middle School. The School just had some new construction done and I was in the new Lobby looking at the mural they had put up when I spotted one of my favorite cheerleaders. They had a picture of Avynlea up on their mural and I loved seeing it!